Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Progesterone shut-down cycle #1


Today is day 26 of my cycle. I used 96mg of progesterone cream (32 in AM and 64 in PM) each day from day 7 - today.  Tomorrow I will not use it and hopefully within a couple days will get a period (withdrawal bleed).  I have had quite a few side effects / symptoms this cycle, most notable being:

1)  Moodiness - tense and "on edge" much of the time.  Teary and weepy other times.
2)  BBT higher - fairly steady around 97.7, some fluctuations at a couple points during the cycle but no ovulation which is one goal.
3)  Acne - my skin has been the worst it's been in a LONG time, my face has had several places break out, not all over but the ones that were there were big and red and sore.  :-(
4)  Sleep disturbances - night sweats and restlessness, lots of dreams which is very rare for me.
5)  I had some abdominal cramping off and on, days 22-24 I was sore and tender like around ovulation but it didn't happen.
6)  Sore breasts on a few days but not all cycle.

I think that's it.  I'll update when my cycle starts over and let you know how that goes, any changes, etc...  It's been interesting.  I hope that next cycle is better, it did get better toward the end of this one and I am attributing much of this to the temporary rise in estrogen and activation of receptors that is expected at the beginning.  I plan to do 3 total cycles and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: