Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Progesterone levels

My progesterone at 5 weeks was at 10 ng/mL and yesterday at 7 weeks was 16.2 ng/mL.  It has gone up, but not enough.  It is level 1 for this point of pregnancy.  I need to get to level 4 before we can discontinue injections.

I do (well Tom gives) the progesterone injections on Mondays and Thursdays, 200mg IM.  The blood draws to test progesterone levels are every other Monday before the injection.  The life of the injected progesterone in the body is 72 hours, so the blood draw gives us the baseline (without meds) level that my ovaries are making on their own.

I was hoping for better results, but we will continue praying and injecting.  :-)  Just please pray that the progesterone I am getting will ensure a safe, cushy uterine lining for this baby to grow strong and healthy!

Here is a good article by Dr. Poppy Daniels who quotes Dr. Hilgers' research on progesterone use in pregnancy.
http://community.fertilityflower.com/blog-home/miscarriage-what-should-you-do-for-the-next-pregnancy/

Here is an article by the PPVI Institute.  Click on the "progesterone support in pregnancy" link near the top to jump to that section.  It has a chart similar to the one my Dr is using to evaluate my results.  It has been updated since this chart.
http://www.popepaulvi.com/ncfwh-evaltreat.htm#prog

No comments: