Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Time is flying by!

I cannot believe that it has been so long since I last posted here.  Life is very full and busy.

Let's see... from about 8 weeks until 14 weeks I had nausea in the afternoons starting around 2pm through the evening.  I had no vomiting, just felt icky and had some food aversions.  I could not stand water AT ALL... I liked bready/salty foods and not so much the sweets.  I was able to eat pretty well, though gave in to a bit more processed carbs than normal for me.

Around 11.5 weeks, I began to feel the first little flutters of movement.  I was so excited to be feeling that and when we had our first midwife appointment at 12 weeks and she was looking for heartbeat with the doppler, I felt baby move and that is exactly the spot she found him/her so it confirmed for me for sure that it was baby and not just gas!  I felt my last 2 full-term babies this early too.

Baby's heart rate has been in the 150's both times we have listened in.  Here is a video of the first time (well, audio - it's a video but I asked Tom to cover the camera with his thumb so you don't see my belly but do hear the baby! :-)

Audio of baby heart beat at 12 weeks.

So, now at 17.5 weeks I am wishing I could slow time down a bit.  I want to savor each moment and it just keeps flying by!  I am feeling much better now, nausea gone, energy returning.  I am driven to get this house organized and decluttered, making space for this little one.

So far, I have been able to find a jogging stroller, infant car seat, and dresser/changing table at nice prices.  I am planning to get a pack 'n play for baby in our room and have a new one picked out to buy soon.  I have ordered cute cloth diapers through a co-op and can't wait for them to get here.  It's so fun with all the options now!  I have been given maternity clothes, baby clothes, a baby tub, a Medela breast pump, a few types of slings/carriers to try.  Most of the *must haves* are taken care of already and we have little space for all the accessories, so just have a few *would likes* on my baby registry still.

Last night, Tom and I both were able to feel the baby squirm under our hands for the first time.  So very, very exciting and we are so happy and thankful to God for this gift.

That's about it I guess.  Here is a pic of me from election day on Tuesday!

No comments: