Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's not worth it!

While I was traveling I started out pretty careful, we took our food and didn't stop to eat at all - but once we got to my sister's, I gradually let myself eat things I shouldn't. I gained 8lbs back all said - not too bad for 3-4 weeks of eating poorly, but now I have to work at that again.

I have been back on my strict diet for 5 days now and have lost 4lbs so far. I need to get into exercising again as the weight seems to have all settled in my rear end and my skirts aren't fitting the same. Exercise is much needed to smooth and tone.

I started my cycle right before we left on our trip - was quite heavy and a bit long, but not too bad. Right before I left, I started spotting again and that has continued for the last week and a half. It's driving me crazy!!!

So, with all that, I was feeling pretty bad the last couple weeks. I was not sleeping well, felt exhausted and moody, had major breakouts, itchy face, joint pain, got slapped with several migraines in a row, was constipated, etc... After starting back on the diet, I began detoxing. It was worse for several days, I had lots of pain at the base of my neck and shoulders. I did some salt bath soaks and that pain got better but it went into my thyroid which hurt for a couple days but is now feeling better also.

My spirits are lifted today and I am ready to tackle the housecleaning that got behind. Looks like we might get some much needed rain! A good day to be at home.

The moral of the story is: It's not worth it!!! The pain and trouble and moods and pounds - not worth a few cookies, cake, icecream and soda... really it's not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not! You're so right! That's interesting you have joint pain too - I have it during worse episodes. I would spot a lot when my cycle was worse - I found that eating less carbs helped cut down the spotting AND made my cycle more normal length. Hurrah for a good diet!!! :)

Have you tried inositol & choline? They're supposed to be really good for PCOS & should be taken at the same amounts together. They can help insulin/blood sugar levels & controlling estrogen levels. Since taking 1000 mg for a while, I gradually have been able to eat some whole wheat bread without gaining weight - very unusual for me. I seem to be able to tolerate a moderate amount of carbs better. Good carbs though!! Not sugar!!

I'm down to 500 mg of inositol and choline as I seemed to be starting to need TOO much bread. Now I just eat a moderate amount & feel fine.

Also, have you heard of the exercise program called PACE by Al Sears? We recently got a book on it, recommended by Dr. Mercola, and it's very interesting. Emphasizes short burst of intense exercise with short rests in between & claims to burn fat faster & build heart & lung reserve capacity & strength. Seems to be backed by a lot of scientific research. Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.alsearsmd.com/pace/

Hope you continue to feel lots better! Go, girl! You can do it! :)

Love, Mary