Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Medical Study for PCOS


A friend gave me a flyer about a study being done for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at the University of Virginia. I talked to Tom about it and then e-mailed for more information which was followed by a phone interview. The study is being done to determine if acupuncture is helpful to those with PCOS. I would get free treatments (real or placebo?), free testing/diagnosis, $170 (will just cover gas), and some meals. Right now, they have decided that I qualify enough so far to send me the info packet and then call in a week to see if I am still interested after reading all the details. I am a bit nervous about the blood tests (not real crazy about that for various reasons), and I will have to stop the estrogen and progesterone creams that I had just begun using (they could influence the results), it is also almost an hour drive to Charlottesville... so things to consider there. It is a 5-month long study, but I am uncertain right now as to how often treatments and evaluations are done. So please pray for Tom and I as we prayerfully consider this. Thank you!

No comments: