Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Evaluation - Part 2, Diagnosis

Based on symptoms and past tests, I know that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I also am Hypothyroid and have Adrenal Insufficiency/Exhaustion.

When I was 9-10 years old I was hospitalized for about a week with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (an autoimmune disorder with low platelets). I was treated with steroids. When I was in high school I developed asthma for a time and used an inhaler that also contained steroids. The use of steroids has been cited as a cause of hypothyroidism, as have the hormones in oral birth control pills (I took them for a month when we were first married, before we knew of the abortifacient effects). The hormonal imbalances and hypothyroid, kidney problems, adrenal issues all go hand-in-hand. It has been interesting to find some connections and sources for the problems.

A book that I am currently reading and finding helpful is Thyroid Power: 10 Steps to Total Health. A self-assessment from that book and others showed that I have a vast majority of symptoms (see earlier post), and the basal temp and iodine patch test further confirm my suspicions. I have long suspected sluggish thyroid and after researching the various panels of testing done by doctors I have not been convinced that it would be helpful at this time (especially considering our threatened health care system reform) to go that route.

I will post further on some of the interesting things found in my reading and also the treatments I do plan to explore.

No comments: