Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy

Progesterone Chart levels entire pregnancy
NaPro chart calibrated with LabCorp in VA.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Failure?

Okay, so confession time: It has been a hard week. Thursday was very, very hard. Kids tummies were feeling better, but they were still weak and whiny. Will was having a hard time getting any energy or eating anything at all. I was in a lot of pain with my back/sciatica and had barely slept even with the heating pad. A wonderful friend brought us some herbal teas, and bless her heart some chicken noodle soup, a loaf of fresh whole wheat bread, basket of oranges and several DVDs. I gave up and served it all for dinner.... and then, I.... well, I convinced myself that I was battling depression and PMS and I *really* needed some chocolate.... so, I made brownies. Tom came home as they were coming out of the oven and made a hurtful comment, not on purpose, but ouch! So, I was in tears all night long (I NEVER cry). I felt sooo overwhelmed and tired of pain. I won't go into it all, but we talked through some stuff and I unloaded all my sorrows and yesterday was better, today is much better.

So.... today we have a church meeting and a planned meal at a local burger joint with the church officers and their wives (my hubby is a deacon). We will get more groceries on the way home. I am regrouping and re-evaluating. I am not sure what is going on with me, but I am thinking detox/die-off may have contributed. The kids were not very happy with eating soups for 3 days and were feeling very deprived. I *thought* it would be a good time to start since soups are great for sick tummies, but apparently not. I didn't think the food was that bad. Tom even liked the soups we had for dinner. But, I think we are going to step back and do the full GAPS diet for a while (meat, fruits, veggies - no sugar, no grains - broth and fermented at each meal) and reconsider doing Intro in a while, maybe then detox won't be as hard.

So, no failure, just learning and starting again. I need to do better about taking my supplements too, the last couple weeks have not been very good.

No comments: